Retro meets Victoriana



Another glorious sunny afternoon.......ah, bliss!


I can smell Spring, I'm sure of it.


Today I am wearing:


Coat-vintage, opshopped (Comtesse ,darling, the "op" in opshop does indeed stand for opportunity! "Opportunity Shop" is the term in Australia/NZ for charity, or thrift shopping. Glad you asked!)


Frock-formerly a vintage maxi, opshopped


Petticoat-opshopped


Cardi-vinatge lurex, sweeties, opshopped


Tights-Sarah


Shoes-opshopped


Handbag-vintage, opshopped


Hat-vintage, Trade Me


Necklace-gift from G, bought in Wellington







This is the adorable card I received today in a parcel from my wonderful Sarah !


I might show you the contents tomorrow......
For now, here's more weekend snaps!




Nestled in the heart of the Historic precinct of Oamaru, a niggle for the Victorian purists of the area, is this little gem, Retro Funk.




There were many delicous goodies.....and this frock looked promising, but wasn't flattering to my, ahem, Winter padding.....(that's my story and I'm bloody well sticking to it.)


Prices were remarkably good, which was quite refreshing!


The ladies working there were rather fabulous too!


Of course, I think that of anyone who admires me!!!


As one does.


G was stoked to pick up some fantastic 70's pants!







This bag was quite pleasant, and now I'm noticing that interesting looking hat on the top!


Why didn't I have a closer look at that?!...




I could just wallow in a shop like this for hours.....



But we went to lunch.







Hi Nix!






G and I had the Ploughmans Lunch, Nix had the Soup du Jour and Si had the bangers and mash.


Then we went and did whiskey tastings.





We like Oamaru.



No, we didn't go inside Steampunk HQ. Wouldn't mind though!

And then our car broke down.

POO!



To be continued!



X


Ooooo, the interview is up now!!!


I'm mega flattered; in fact, this blog may not be big enough for my fecking EGO now!!!


Bahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

21 comments:

Vintage Coconut said...

I love when you wear those StRiPeY tights, they always scream Alice in wonderland to me! Your outfit is wonderous so bright and cheery *WEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!*
That Retro Funk store looked so freaking fabulous! Just from the pics I saw things I would want! lol

Ahhh no the car broke??! ahhh WHATEVER did you guys do? lol

VintageSweetheart said...

I want those tights!

That store looks like my kind of heaven!

E :)

Hannah said...

I do just love that store! And Oamaru!

Smashingbird said...

That vintage shop looks awesome, you shoulda tried that hat on... What a cool looking restaurant too! xx

Miss Peregrin said...

You have such an impressive collection of head gear! I love the hat (along with everything else you're wearing). Oh no, I hope the breakdown didn't spoil the rest of the trip!

Nelly said...

Yes I am feeling spring in the air isnt it wonderful?I even had a sleeveless summer dress on all day.
I would love a shop like that but seriously I dont know if I could let anything go.I think I may be better off owning a vintage clothes museuam instead lol

Rose&Bird said...

Bummer about the car, but Retro Funk looks amazing, especially the sewing corner x

Misfits Vintage said...

OOooh Retro Funk looks like my kind of place! That orange maxi looks pretty amazing.

You look incredible, as always, I do love you in red.

So, now that you are the boss of the internet, will you change? Do you have someone to blog for you? A personal photographer? Actually, I would totally want that job!

Fabulous interview amor - you are wonderful!

Hope car dramas are well and truly over.

Lovetoloveyoubaby, Sarah xxx

Krista said...

Beetlejuice tights, I love! Your weekend getaway minus the car issues (bummer) looked so much fun, um I'll take the braised lamb shoulder :)

I agree with Sarah you rock the red sweet mama!!!!

Crystal Lee said...

Oamaru looks beautiful. (sorry that your car broke down). You, of course, look amazing. I loved reading your interview!

Tomye said...

Whiskey tasting! Now that intrigues me. It wouldn't be a road trip without a picture of someone with their head stuck under the hood (bonnet). I would have loved to see the Steampunk HQ also.

pastcaring said...

Looks like you had a great weekend, breakdowns apart...
Oh that shop! I wanna go! And the restaurant looks amazing too.

Looking hot hot hot as always, sparkling in lurex in the winter sunshine like the star you are - interviews? Get you Mrs!!

PS. Will investigate cardigan clips on your recommndation, I like the super-hero-librarian image of a cardi like a cape, held on with clips!!

Comtesse de ferveur said...

Yargh - Blogger ate my comment! These opportunity shops are damn fine places! I would run wild in the above one - SO well stocked. Hope you got around the breakdown okay xx

seƱora Allnut said...

Love your striped tights with all that blue and red, and you have the most pretty coats!
And so funny watching your road trip adventures, and great opshopping finds!, and I wish that breakdown was not serious!
besos

Shayla said...

I've actually wondered what "opshop" meant too so glad for the definition. I'm sitting here sweating my bunnies off and I see you in your fab winter coat - jealous! Sometimes when I happen upon a fabulous shop as you did, I get overwelmed with all the goodies and miss SO much! Usually something catches my eye on the way OUT after I've already made my purchases! That buffet is making my tum grum! Thanks for the vitual road trip!

Frocktasia said...

Dearest Helga,
If you can smell spring, does that mean I should be smelling autumn?
Sure can't smell it today only heated bin stink & sweaty pit odour a la sweltering hot day in Londonium.
N'ah, I jest, it smells luverly but it is sweltering and I've changed clobber three times today already.
I like the look of retro funk, I could certainly lurk around there for hours too, what a tremendous looking place.
Can't wait to see G in his new 70s pants, fashion show please!
Whiskey tasting sounds brill...that's the only drink I truly miss.
One day I may have a nip again :)
I love your red coat and the hat is lovely too, I've got one very similar in pink.
Lot's of love,
Jennie
xXx

Ivy Black said...

Looking gorgeous in those colours. If you can smell spring, I should be smelling autumn soon. Nothing yet but I can hear it with the crows having a punch up on the roof!
Hope the break down wasn't to serious.
xxx

Alex said...

Hurrah, it's the Beetlejuice tights! What I wouldn't give for a pair of those. They are fanbloodytastic.

Ooh and you are a complete gem for including some pics inside the op shops! I'm now considering a holiday, just to go shopping. Is that nuts? Yeah, I know it's not exactly close by.

Missy Vintage said...

cars! tut! Hope it didn't spoil what looks like a fab time?! The shop looks super and I simply love that electric blue hat!!

Vix said...

What a bummer about the wheels, darling! that shop looks mighty swoonsome and fabulous though, I adore that tooled leather bag and the crazy maxi you're holding.
Who WOULDN'T admire you, only an imbecile with no brain.
Love you!
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxx

La Dama said...

Hope you get the car fixed sooon amor.
I love your blue hat combo with fabulosa red coat. You look so peaceful. what a cool store.I would of bought the tool bag. You are truly and admirable persona.