Thrusting into a pie*


Butter wouldn't melt in my mouth!
I wore my fabulous new purple paisly frock from Retropolitan out on Saturday night to have dinner and catch a movie with friends Jo, Dave K and a few others.
Of course, I had to be a matchy matchy wet dream.
Bow-darling Sarah
Cardi-vintage, opshopped
Necklace-G bought it for me in Wellington
Shoes-school fair earlier on Saturday
Tights-Trade Me
Handbag-vintage, also from Sarah
Malaysia Delights, in Papanui, is where we had our dinner.
We would never have thought, 12 months ago, that we would ever go out on a Saturday night, to Papanui!
(a suburb on the north side of town that we rarely go near!)
Things have changed since the earthquakes!
Jo is off back to the UK this week to visit family and friends!

Despite dishes coming out at weird intervals and in odd order (entree after your main anyone?!) the food was pretty good! I had hotplate beef with garlic,ginger and chilli. Could've done with more chilli,really!

Then we popped over to the cinema, where there is a film festival playing, and watched The Trip , which whilst rather good, was a little long. Fab scenery and crazy food in it!
Normally a film festival would occur in one of the 4 excellent arthouse cinemas we used to have. Sadly 3 of these are rubble, and one had to close for earthquake related reasons. Now we have only the mainstream cinemas, attached to malls, to watch films in.
Charming.
Still, beggars can't be choosers!
We were happy to have a relaxed night out, and we were home by 10:30pm!
Good heavens!

Ack!
Yesterday I forgot to point out my fabulous new earrings that sweetheart Jen sent me!

Little globes!!!
I love 'em!

Yay, good to have you back, Curtise!
I missed you!
X

*Blame Desiree

17 comments:

OP SHOP MAMA said...

I want those shoes!! SEriously!! They look fantastic how you did that footless tights thing with them.. Marvellous colourism-ing. I'm in a making-up-words-kinda-mood!

x

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Egad!!! If I had a strap-on I'd certainly be thrusting the jolly thing into a pie. You are such a horn-bag here with your scrumptious matching outfit - eeeeeeeeeeeeeep the bag! The shoes! Those flipping gorgeous tights! I never care how the food comes out, just as long as it ends up in me pie-hole. Oh Iand I always ask for a wee bowl of freshly chopped chilli on the side coz the never make them hot enough. Mwahahaha xoxoxoxoxo

sacramento said...

I adore everything, but your bag I WANT!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

seƱora Allnut said...

So pretty purple paisley dress, and your matchy ensemble is really something I would love to steal!. And I'm specially in love with the cardigan, bag and the tights!: always loving colorful tights!!
besos & bon appetit

Ronnie Rabbit said...

Yummy get tucked in! Hope you enjoyed it and the film, love your tights btw

Mazzy Boy said...

Oh how you bring such bright colour to the snowy days...you must be getting excited for spring to be hitting you soon! As usual, you look divine! xoxo

Missy Vintage said...

Butter wouldn't melt hey? My boss has a saying about me - ''She looks like butter wouldn't melt but in fact she'd boil it!'' I think we can safely apply this to you too! ;O)

Misfits Vintage said...

Oh that new frock is SPLENDIFEROUS darling! And I ADORE your new shoes too - and I'd quite forgotten how fabulous that bag is - don't we have marvellous taste??? Yay for lovely nights out with friends, boo for earthquakes.

Lovenewshoes, Sarahxxx

Vix said...

You look so demure and ladylike, my darling. That frock is such a sweet colour and the footless tights are rather wonderful with those freaking fab shoes.
I'm wih Desiree, I don't mind how the food comes out as long as it arrives in the end.
LOVE YOU!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

La Dama said...

Amorcito,
I love how you teamed up your freaking hot tights with your to die shoes. frock is fabuloso pattern.that bag is amazing, you ladies have the best taste. I'm with you we all need spice in our life. food looks deliciosa.
luv you.

Lee said...

I love love love love love love LOVE those tights with the shoes. Love.

And the rest of your outfit too of course! I mean, who doesn't love a good big bow?!

=]

Lee x

http://theyellowboots.blogspot.com/

Rachel - Firebird said...

Oh the tights and shoes - I love them!

Y'know it's kind of nice to hear about people exploring new places because of something bad happening. Maybe every earthquake has a silver lining? I can't bear scrimping on chilli though

pastcaring said...

I'm liking the new frock very much, you are a ladylike vision in lilac! Excellent baggage from Sarah too.
Mmmm, food sounds great, and I am taken with Desiree's idea of ordering the extra chillies on the side - good thinking!
PS. Shame about the cinemas.

AMINTA said...

Helga I adore your necklace dear!! .. you are always so fun ... every time I visit your blog you make me smile!
Kisses,

amintasfashion

VintageSweetheart said...

ahhh I want that bag!

E :)

Crystal Lee said...

You've overstimulated me again, Helga. Love those purple shoes, lady! and the globe earrings!!!!!!!!!!!

original seed said...

love the colours!!