We're headed for Venus


I am a symphony in gold.



I've actually just got back from watching G make his drum debut!


He totally rocked it!!!




I'm so pleased I frocked up extra special.


Frock-vintage, Etsy (naughty)


Belt-opshopped




Handbag-vintage, opshopped


Shoes-Trade Me


Necklace-vintage, opshopped
Hairbow-made by moi




Cocktail rings, from left-courtesy of Her Awesomeness , Miss Kitty and a wonderful reader!




This tiger coat is ancient, and completely knackered.


I hardly wear it now, as I have thrashed it to within an inch of its life!


It was given to me, probably about 20 years ago, by a co-worker who had intended to make teddy bears out of it, but luckily thought better of the idea!




So tonight was the last of the series of Good Vibrations gigs that our Nix has been organising. There are some venues opening up around the city now, both makeshift and permanent, and she's had enough anyways!


Into the Void and Squirm are long time players in the Christchurch music scene.


I'm sure I've seen both bands way more often than I realise over the years.......!!!


G played first, under MProv. So called as it's the music of Mych, who used to run the Provincial Hotel ( a good old venue, now gone due to Mr Quakey)years ago and he has been known as Mych Prov ever since! Our Si rounds out the 3 piece on bass, and they were bloody fabulous!



I schmoozed up to Nix.........




....and Jo, who has had a busy week flying to Auckland, Wanaka and Queenstown on wine business!

It's a glamourous life, that of the wine writer.


Fiddley di di di, 3 boys!





Gilberto!




My little drummer boy!


Show us yer sticks! Grrr!

So I'm home early as I am sober.


It's true!


I have another tattoo session tomorrow, and last time I was a little hungover and it wasn't as enjoyable as it could have been!


So I took the precaustion of staying sober and driving.


Tres sensible!


It happens from time to time.

X

24 comments:

Alex said...

Ooh the tattoo! I had almost forgotten about it. How's it coming along?

You look absolutely divine in your gold ensemble. And the tiger coat! Makes me want to dive on you and hug you lavishly.

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Ah Helga how I've missed you whilst I haven't been blogging and reading! You look fabulous as ever!

Misfits Vintage said...

Oh you are like an angel straight from heaven in your gorgeous glorious golden getup, amor!!! That frocker is KILLER and your eyelashes are so divine, I can see them from here!

Yay for G's first drum gig - what a fucking rockstar he is! And Jo looks like a Star Trek Gothic Goddess.

What a marvellous night - and you just look specTACular darling!

Telephonelove, Sarah xxx

VainGlorySinner said...

You look absolutely gorgeous! That get up really does look a million dollars! You look like you're off to a ball!

I bet G was giving you the eye as he was drumming!

The dress.. the tights.. the shoes... that BAG! I love it! A golden angel.. please sit on top my tree this Christmas? PLEASE?! I am not being rude :p MAUHAHAHA! xxx

Ivy Black said...

You look gorgeous in gold!
Go G! You know what they say about drummers, love!!
Have a lovely rest of weekend.
xxx

Pearl Westwood said...

I absolutely bloody love the gold frock with the mustard tights!! x

La Dama said...

Your glowing your golden brocade dress, I love it,especially the hair flower you. reminds me of the one you sent me amor.
You all look gala glamourous.
G man is looking delicious drumming, musicians are sexy.

Smashingbird said...

Well my oh my golden lady you look good enough to eat! xx

Vintage Coconut said...

OH LOOK!!! It's goldi-FROCKS! You look dazzling dazzling and more dazzling Helga dripped in all that 24k gold. ;)
heheh
Love your outfit and snazzy acessories!

Louise said...

That dress is even more fabulous than I thought it would be. Super glam. Xx

Camelia Crinoline said...

That brocade dress is stunning. Etsy can get quite addictive, especially at the moment when the exchange rate is so good. Yay for G's drumming debut.

Tomye said...

Congrats to G for his debut! You look like Russian aristocracy. All that glitters "is" gold on you.

devorelebeaumonstre. said...

LOVE the gold bag. xo


devorelebeaumonstre.com

Missy Vintage said...

That dress is gawj. I love that you have given it that Helga twist with the tights. Hope the tattoo sesh goes well!

Comtesse de ferveur said...

You are very much a symphony in gold - love the tights with the metallic! Awesome! xx

two squirrels said...

You look so so pretty!!!

seƱora Allnut said...

ooh, you're brightening the night with your golden outfit, shiny & delightful!!, and love your pretty yellow tights, so fab!, and also love the coat, grrr!
And wish your tatoo is going better and greater!
besos

Hot Pink Combat Boots said...

You look smashing in gold. I love how you have such an interesting life and full social calendar. There is something to dres up for everyday - it's so inspiring.

I tagged you with THE BEST BLOG award. You can find it here:

http://www.hotpinkcombatboots.com/2011/08/i-received-award-see-who-i-tagged-next.html

Michelle :)

pastcaring said...

Well thanks for putting THAT tune onto my internal juke box...
I will forgive you though, as you look so divine, dahhhling! Wow, that beautiful gold dress really lights you up in a most gorgeous fashion. And such lovely rings from such lovely friends!
Hope G had fun, he's looking very cool there (I was going to say banging away but that wouldn't be seemly...)
PS. Great to see your mates - but where-oh-where is Miss Justine? I'm missing her!
PPS. How's the tattoo?

Bonnie said...

You are a vision and G looks like he is having a rocking good time.
How's the tattoo coming along?

xo, Bonnie

Krista said...

You are more sparkly than the freaking Taj Mahal! Those lashes my dear, bat them at me please! I think I love G even more now that I have seen him behind those drums, MEOW!!!!!

Vix said...

A vision in gold and that heavens that coat was rescued from teddy bear purgatory, yikes, what a way to go.
You came home SOBER? Jaysus, I'm away for a couple of days and look what happens.
Love you.
Vix
xxx

Mrs Munster said...

OMG that frock is amazing. You look stunning in it!

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

When I first saw this ensemble a few days ago I had to close my laptop and have a lie down. I thought I was going to faint. Now I've regained my strength I can tell you that THIS FROCK IS THE MOST AWESOME FRICKING FROCK YOU HAVE EVER WORN!! God you are so beautiful! The tights, bag, rings, beads, EYELASHES!! You should be in Monte Carlo at the blackjack table with James Bond dry-humping you!!!