In the gravy


I feel ever so refreshed!
A few white wines and orange juice, a couple of episodes of True Blood*, and I was in nigh-nigh land by 9pm!
Yeah, Helga lives wild!!!
Ha.
Helga likes her beauty sleep, and there's nothing Helga loves more than having no obligations on the weekend, so early nights and mornings are bliss!
I've been puttering around my sewing room, tidying (a bit) and doing some simple necesseties, like hems, adjusting fit etc.
I found a fantastic caftan that darling Kitty sent me ages ago, probably early this year, stuffed under my sewing table!! It needed to be taken in a bit, the hem let down, and the facing restitched up and then down. So that was my main mission today. I also adjusted another frock she sent the other week, so I feel like I've got something accomplished!
I like that.
Especially when I know I'll probably be too hung over tomorrow to do anything useful!
Today I am wearing:
Frock-vintage, opshopped
Coat-vintage, opshopped
Cardigan-vintage, Sarah
Handbag-vintage, Retroplitan (it's a Rex!)
Tights-opshopped
Shoes-opshopped
Bow-made by me out of a scrap of opshopped crimplene
Necklace-vintage, opshopped
Sunglasses-opshopped
Earrings-made by Jen !
The cats were tussling on the driveway-most amusing!

I popped out for some boozy supplies, and on the way visited Melanie at Madame Butterfly's, my friendly local ( just a round the corner, literally!) vintage shop.
Dammit.
I've put aside 2 gorgeous vintage head pieces.....one red and one emerald green......so naughty!
I tried one a few frocks.....but managed to resist, although I think one of them will definetly haunt me....it's 60's, teal coloured, and made of a very heavy fabric, with beading around a boat shape neckline and around the cuffs of some lovely bell shaped sleeves.....erk....
She does have a fine selection of frocks, from a couple of heavenly 40's numbers to glorious 70's lurex.....I always stay for ages, yapping away, hopping in and out of frocks.
You'd think I'd know better!
I have avoided going in for ages, though.
I've really been very good!
NEED MORE DISCIPLINE!

Hahahaaaaaaaaaa

Anyway, we're off out soon for dinner, and I think I know what I'm going to wear!
But you'll have to wait until tomorrow to admire me.....
X

*For the record, I fancy neither Eric nor Bill!
I think Sam is the cutest man on the show, and I rather fancy Sookie!
She's a hot fiesty tramp!

 
PS: Curtise, you're wonderful!

20 comments:

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

I have never seen such a gorgeous coat - look at those amazing metal buttonholes!!!! Your dress should be labelled Hotness by Helga - it's that nipped in waist - phhwwoooaarrrrrr!!!!!! Oh gawd Melanie sounds like one dangerous woman - I think you'll be back for the teal frock and I can't wait to see the new head pieces!!!! Jem's earrings are delish and oh my I love a weekend without plans - anything could happen;)) Big squeezy mush hugs!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxo

Lee said...

I want your coat!!! It looks so snuggly and warm! The earrings are fab and I can't wait to see the new headpieces =]

Lee x

Dashfield Vintage said...

Sounds like what my night is going to be tonight. Fish & chips, Peter Pan (because it's that or some American Idol type show and quite frankly I have a weakness for children's fantasy movies, and then off to bed before 10pm. Heavenly, I can't wait!

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Fabulous coat!

Vintage Sweetheart said...

I love tartan and I love that outfit! I can't imagine living right out around the corner from a vintage shop. I would be broke quickly. Yay for accomplishing something today, I didn't I spent have the day in IKEA. Not as fun I can tell you!

E :)

Misfits Vintage said...

SpecTACular, as always, amor! Your hair is divine and that frock fits you like a dream - and has white bits!!!

I can't wait to see your two new vintage headpieces.

Isn't Curtise THE BEST??

Hope you're having a fabulous night.

Loveyoulikeparcelsofwonder! Sarah xxx

sacramento said...

I love everything about you, my dear Helga.
have a grand weekend.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

lady sélénite said...

I love this surprising mix of colors, I want to try it !
http://selenite.weebly.com

Kitty said...

trust me to give you work, lol! It looks really cold there today, boo! Don't forget to show us the altered dresses please.xx.

Vix said...

Oh, I love that coat! Those buttonholes are perfection and that Rex is divine.
That frock sounds sooooo you! I think you need a little treat after that hard work at the market and all your alteration work.
I should be cracking on with something but I can't be arsed, after all I need to devote my time to looking fabulous later.
Love you!
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vintage Coconut said...

oOoOoO What a lovely coat. I like how this outfit all magically goes together.

I have a thrift store just 2 blocks from me. But Luckily they have crappy house and close at 3 p.m. everyday. BY the time I remember about it they are usually closed. AHAHHA

pastcaring said...

Now I wouldn't have spotted the buttonholes without the eagle-eyed observational skills of Desiree and Vix - and they ARE fabulous. The buttonholes aren't bad either. Oh I am so bloody droll...
You look refreshed and colourful and happy in your spectacular coat and frock, and I feel a degree of satisfaction over the perfect matchy matchness of your shoes and the Rex. Nice work.
Looking forward to seeing the headpieces, and I BET you'll be back for a frock or two.
Enjoy your dinner, love. xxxxxxxxxx

lory said...

I love that outfit!

señora Allnut said...

love your plaid coat and bright color combo!
And I'm also a huge fan of having no obligations on weekend!, so nice to do whatever you want for a long while!!
besos

Trees said...

Yah for no obligation weekends - I LOVE them too and trying ever so hard to do them more often.

I just put a frock on layby last week, when I really shouldn't have as I am off to Melbourne in a couple of weeks. But it was just SO DARN cute. I am also lamenting a cheesy 80's frock which reminded me of 80's bridesmaids. I should have bought it yesterday and now its haunting me - gah! It had so much fab pink & lace!

Camelia Crinoline said...

I love the coat. I thought when I saw the first photo that you were wearing flats which would be very unlike you but then I realised they were not. Personally, I rather fancy Jessica and Tara.

Bonnie said...

I like to reserve my weekends for doing abolutely nothing. That's what weekends are for!

Hope you are well stocked in the beverage department and you look FAB!

xo, Bonnie

Mary Lou said...

blue and red what a fabulous combo!!! this is now my favourit outfit!!!!
love and kiss,mary

La Dama said...

Helgita,
I adorar everything about this fabulous outfit.
Especially tartan coat, you deserve a medal for all that hard shopping you did, cant wait to see new headpieces.
I love loungeing on weekends amor.

Krista said...

Sleep ya gotta love those quiet early nights otherwise how could we stay out late drinking cosmos:) I agree with you too Sam is cute and Snooki is hot!