Making the most of the blossoms before the Spring winds blow!

Hahahaa, we had y'all going over the tortoise!!!
I said to G, "arg, I can't even think of anything interesting to write, let alone an interesting post title....what am I gonna call it?!"
And he had the tortoise idea.
I figured you lot would be pretty forgiving.....?!
We are still enjoying the blossoms, we've had over a week of them! It's only a matter of time before we get some strong winds blowing them around...
My frock is early 70's, I think, crimplene, and given to me many years ago.
The jackety thing is modern, and was opshopped not too long ago, the boots are off Trade Me, the handbag you've seen squillions of times, and the tights were from the chutzpah laden Sarah !
We're looking forward to a big weekend!
It's G's birthday on Sunday, and the weekend starts tomorrow after we leave work at 11am. Our Ralph jets in from Wellington about 2pm, and we'll be going out for dinner tomorrow night, there'll be brunch out on Saturday, drinkies with friends Saturday night and all manner of frolics inbetween....I've been trying to shore up energy by having early nights and no booze this week!
EEEEK!
O, here's a pic I took recently looking North up Colombo St, from the corner of St Asaph St.....our main st....looking pretty empty!
Vacant paces are getting to be the norm in the city now.

 So, just to go off on another tangent, G and I watched this movie this other night.
We quite enjoyed it.
Eva Green is an interesting looking woman; one minute I think she's rather beautiful, the next I think she looks hard.
Odd.
I did particularly enjoy her wardrobe...
And she has spectacular booboids for her slender frame!
Turban!
Feather print?!
I very much like that cute little Juno Temple, on the far right.
Nice coat, too.

This robey thing is rather scrummy.

Now, I've been having comments disappear instead of publishing on a few of your blogs today.....I haven't been ignoring you, just having little issues!
Has anybody else?
Just wondering if it's me, or a Blogger problem.
Anyways, I have Humpers stuffed under my right arm at present, but I'm about to shift him so I can go and wash my hair so it's all fabulous for the weekend, then I'm taking him and Pee Pee to bed for more beauty sleep.
Funnily enough, I was looking pretty shabby today, I thought, despite the extra sleep and clean living.
I think I'll try some hard living tomorrow and see how I look then!!!
X

26 comments:

Trees said...

The weather here in Wellington has been fabulous too - and surprisingly calm. Loving the frock and tights - sounds like you have a big weekend ahead of you, rock on ^^

Vintage Coconut said...

I thought you might be up to something with that whole small tortoise bit. *LOL*
I TOO HAD COMMENTS DISSAPEAR EARLIER *Bah annoying*

I found your twin Helga. She is on my latest blog post. *smile*

I hope you and G have a excellent weekend and Birthday!

Miss Claire said...

Shabby?! You couldn't look shabby if you tried! Walk through a supermarket and look at other peoples efforts and you'll be instantly comforted, hehe! I don't mean to be snobby...you are just FAR too FABULOUS for your own good! Sounds like you have an exciting weekend coming up....have fun! And happy birthday G, you tricking, tortois-spooking rascal!

Xoxox

Vintage Sweetheart said...

I guess I can forgive you for the lack of tortoise seeing it was G's idea and it's almost his birthday. I love crimplene and that dress! Funny you caught that jogger mid run.

Miss Peregrin said...

Pfft, shabby. I don't think you & shabby belong in the same sentence! I love that gorgeous dress, what a lovely colour.

two squirrels said...

Love the pattern on your dress, you look gorgeous, no shabby to be seen. Not a turtle just a old running rabbit today, tee hee!!!
Happy Happy Birthady to Mr G!!!!
Yip I have had a few problems with comments, it either won't let me or it post the comment twice. Dam pixies in the electronics me thinks!!!!

pastcaring said...

Mmmm, liking your purple frock very much, and your little jackety thing emphasises your gorgeous curves to perfection!
Wow, you and G are going to have a whale of a weekend - don't peak too early!
I think Eva Green is stunning, she's got those Charlotte Rampling sexy eyes. The costumes in that film DO look beautiful.
And you? Shabby? I think that's a physical impossibility for you. Unless you've had a rare allergic reaction to clean living, early nights and abstinence this week...
Get back on the booze, Helga, it's for your own good!!!! xxxxxx

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Love the colour of your dress. V fetching.

Re Eva, two words, hair envy.

Misfits Vintage said...

Shabby schmabby! You are gorgeous, as always! I love the print with the stripes and the blossoms are so beautiful. That movie looks quite lovely - it's on my list. I've missed you!

LoveI'mNotDead!! Sarah xxx

Smart Changes Big Results said...

How adorable are those tights on you! It just works so great with that lovely frock-a-licious dress of yours! And now I MUST see that movie!!! I just ADORE her wardrobe! Big hugs to you and have yourself a FABULOUS weekend!!! ~Serene

the fashion turd said...

looking fly as ever! hope you're well innit?? cracks is most peculiar eh? juno temple before she turned into a hollywood twat! x

sacramento said...

Hi gorgeous. I love the blosoms, your fab frock and booboids. I love the words.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Vix said...

Boobalicious frockage, my darling. Look out there's a man coming up behind you, hope he's not going to rip the crotch away from our stripy tights.
No booze? Fatal! You'll be dancing on the table with your pants on your head in no time.
Eva Green...I could turn for her.
Love you!
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Krista said...

Helga you totally had me looking for a turtle...HAHAHA!!! This purple dress is fab and you are VA VA VOOM! Eva Green is pretty hot and it looks like she had some cool outfits! HAPPY BIRTHDAY G!!!!! BIG KISSES and HUGS and SPANKINGSSSSSSSSSSSSS lots of spankings!!!! Have a killer weekend. WO WO!!!

YvonneSedition said...

I love that film, although I do think it's more because of the costumes than anything else. Eva Green is good in it too. I'm still laughing about your growler and your tights, by the way.

seƱora Allnut said...

really loving your purple-indigo dress and striped tights, so pretty fabric and so delightful color!
And yes, I was looking for the damn tortoise!!, ;DDD
Have a nice weekend and enjoy all that party time you've gonna rock!
besos

Style Sud-Est said...

Hi Helga! so happy you are one my followers! I love all your colors - Your pics are so vibrant - great inspiration to me all your style and colors - Happy Birthday to G - Ariane xxxx

jess said...

I love the print on your dress. The wardrobe in that movie looks great. The feather dress is wonderful.

La Dama said...

Helgita,
Gorgeous purple Indigo dress and striped tights, blossoms trees, G man's shadow.
sounds like you two have a jam packed weekend.
have lots fun drinking and growlering it.
luv ya

Vintage Coconut said...

*PAH* I commented on this lastnight and noticed it dissapeared into thin air shortly after. So *YES to having problems with commenting*

I had a suspicion you were being cheeky about the small tortoise! lol
I hope you have a fabulous weekend and that G has the best Birthday ever.

I found your twin Helga! You gotta take a taxi to my blog and come check her our on my lastest post.

Llara is the Little Scribbler said...

I am also about to go sleep. It's so funny seeing you edging into spring while autumn is creeping in for us now. Apparently the snow's due soon and it's to be shitty. You know all about that, eh!? Love the purple dress, v pretty. And, I must say, I'm alwas a bit jealous of a slender person with awesome booboids. I settle for mine being in some sort of proportion to my upper body and knowing they're controllable at the gym xx

pinktutu72 said...

Oh those tights are the bees knees. You always look like you're up to mischief!

Tomye said...

Classy and Sassy! -T

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Ha! Never mind Eva's booboids, look the set on that gorgeous bint in the park! I can see that jogger is doing his best to concentrate on NOT running off the path and into a tree. I love the peek of a stripy leg mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Priority of the day ... find Crack and drool over it. Gawd you've got an amazing weekend lined up ... give G a huge happy birthday packet-squeeze from me!!! Mwah xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Devil made in Heaven said...

You looking shabby?? Shabby Chique! You look great on the blossom shots. It is so funny to see that at your place the spring is in the air and overhere the leaves are falling down. I hope you will have a lot of fun this weekend!

IMAN said...

Generally I think Eva Green is a beauty most of the time. The other times I blame on bad lighting and make-up. And yes, her rack is quite spectacular. I'm a little jealous.