Shabby Sunday!


Squee!
My first ever time as a seller at a market.
I'm really more of a shopping, or "supporter of the arts" kinda gal, but with space at a premium in our house, something had to give.....so I gave it a go!
I'm wearing some fabulous costume jewellery I received from Kitty last Thursday....more on that later!
My humble setup.
The sun brolly was G's Mama's. It's seen better days, but I love it, and on a sunny day like today, it was a blessing to have!
I took only 2 suitcases of clothing; I didn't want to be over enthusiastic and take a pile of stuff only to have to bring a pile of stuff home again.It seemed like a good idea to just dip my toe in the water!
People setting up.
Loved this ladies brollys opposite me....
This sweet lady, Glenda, and her lovely friend whose name escapes me now, have invited me to be involved in a market they are organising in a few weeks!
Eeek!
O, here are my rings today!
A mix of cocktail rings from Kitty ,Sarah and another lovely reader!
 G popped by to visit, and obliged me by taking a pic of me looking like I know what I'm doing!
Note crazy boater, some of you will remember when I bought this a while bakc. It had a weird straw bow, which on your advice, I removed, and it was perfect for keeping the sun off my youthful face today!
Frock-vintage, from Madame Butterfly's
Cardi-from Sarah!
Belt-vintage, opshopped
Stockings-orange fishnets, formerly tights, retail
Shoes-Trade Me
Boater-vintage?? No idea, it's a bit weird!
The highlight of the day was meeting the gorgeous Max ! And her lovely husband Terry and daughter Claud-who has lips you just wanna smooch on up to!
I tried not to poke Max' eyes out with my enormous booboids, but sometimes a gal just can't help her natural assets........and the vintage pointy bra!!!
I sold 5 frocks!
I'm pretty damned excited about that!
Helen, the absolute darling lady whose house this market is held at, is happy for me to come again next time!
Hurrah!

Now, I've been wanting to post these pix for days....
.....where I am excited about some parcels I received last Thursday!!
One was my stole from Trade Me, but the other 2 were from the wonderful Kitty and sweetheart Claire !!!
EEEEEEEEEEK!
Frocks!
A shirt!
Sweeties!
Costume jewellery!
A book!
The Cabaret soundtrack on vinyl!!
OMG!
Thank you, my darlings, so very much!!
I am thoroughly spoilt, just the way a gal oughta be!!!

And last for today are a couple of pix of a frock for the lovely Lily , who had disappeared from the blogging world for a very long time, and I am so happy to see her beautiful face and clever sewing again!!
Lily asked if I still had the purple paisleyish frock I was wearing in the bottom right of the 90's camping pix I'd shown you some days ago.
Indeed I do, but it has transformed from a sack like frock of fabulous fabric into:
This sleek halter!
It was a pretty simple transformation.
It really was a bit of a sack, and whilst I adored the fabric, I felt very frumpy in the frock. So I cut it up!
But I have never regretted it!
Must be at least 10 years since I've done it, and it gets an occasional outing still!
I am wearing it here !

O, G is cooking me pizza....which means lazy Sunday afternoon music.....in todays case it is the An Education soundtrack, which I am crazy for!
I have my third glass of wine in hand and am feeling rather pleased with myself!
I think I could get used to hanging out behind a clothes rack at markets....G reckons it's my Dad coming out in me....he was a wheeler dealer who could sell ice to an Eskimo....my Daddy, despite not really liking people, had charm, baby! I don't have his snappy repartee, nor his gift of the gab, but I can be charming!
We'll see!
Hope you've all had splendid weekends!
What did you do?!
X


30 comments:

Missy Vintage said...

That looks like a fab sale, lots of lovely loot there. I spotted a mirror that would be fabulous in my hall. Ah shame you are so far away! x

Vintage Sweetheart said...

What lovely markets I would have loved to check out your clothes!
How cool meeting a fellow blogger.
Those photos of you with all your parcel goodies are hilarious.

E :)

Stacey Kay said...

Oooo your booth looked fantastic - not to mention your outfits. You are such a style icon!

Goodwill Huntingg

Trees said...

Oh Helga - this market looks amazing! Glad you made some sales too. I would LOVE to visit you stall.

You received some fabulous packages in the mail too - YAH!

Straight Talking Mama! said...

You look gorgeous at your sale, love that dress and I think you'd be a natural stall holder!!

pastcaring said...

The sight of a vintage market always brings a smile to my face; the stalls look irresistably colourful and fascinating in a way that drab high street window displays never could. Especially in autumn/winter here in the UK, when apparently all anyone wants to wear is black or grey...

Boo to that! Glad you sold some frocks, I bet you had fun, and you look amazing - what a wonderful frock!

Lots of goodies in the post - you ARE a lucky girl xxxxxx

Louise said...

I LOVE the quirky boater! Its tres perfect! You look hot at the sale. I'm currently suffering from space issues too, so today will be spent listing things on eBay. Xx

Mary Lou said...

oh how i wish i would come to check out your stuff too;) but i hope you never ever will sell your absolutely adorable shoes, especially this one you are wearing in this pics, i love them so much!!!
love and kiss,mary

Nelly said...

You tease showing that rack no not that rack (tho they are a tease too) I mean the rack of clothes I so would love to come and play in them and buy some too.Look at all your delicsious pressies.You so deserve it all tho you are sooo entertaining.

Miss Peregrin said...

Congrats on doing your first markets! It looks like you had some great goodies to sell. And my oh my, you looked mighty fabulous as well. I am very fond of that strange hat.

I love the frock transformation as well! We need some pictures of it on you though.

Kitty said...

I'm loving the 'sleek halter', if you ever want to get rid of it pls let me know! Good on you selling 5 dresses, selling stuff is the most fun ever!! Best of all, it means you can buy tons of crap ALL THE TIME and you have an excuse to have heaps of stuff. Works for me anyway! Glad you like the jewels.xx.

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful day, Helga, and you look smashing! I would love to spend the morning just going through everything there. Love your rings and lovely presents! Enjoy the pizza and HI to G. xoxo.

Shewearscrazywell said...

Your spot looked the best!!! I think you have a smashing collection..and congrats on your success!!! You've got the best taste ever! Hearts, Janna Lynn

Misfits Vintage said...

I must say I like Nelly's idea of the two of doing markets together... but would be make any money? Or would we spend all day playing dress ups and singing and spending our earnings?

Darling - your market looks entirely civilised and delightful - and you sold five frocks! YAY YOU!

You know I just ADORE your frock - and your jewellery is spectacular - I LOVE those orange earrings.

So glad you had such a lovely time.

Lovevintagefrocks, Sarah xxx

lasophia said...

Look at you being all productive and moving 5 dresses! I keep telling myself I will do this. Gotta make some fast cash to support my habits. This weekend I actually went to the mall, can u believe it? I forgot they had air conditioning and corn dogs. I should have listened to the Cabaret soundtrack though. Will put that on my to-do list.

Lee said...

Enjoy your new life as a stall trader =]
I have a feeling that you do have the gift of the gab, despite your humble denial =]

Lee x

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Ha - I like 'supporter of the arts', I went to a craft fair today so shall use it as an excuse. Your stall and the market itself look lovely, the market I went to was held in a pub, which while handy for refreshment was a tad gloomy.

Vintage Coconut said...

I would have loved to teleport over there and have a look through of the little market you were selling at. It looks as though there was tons of treasure there.
I love your outfit you wore to the market.

(That dress on the front of your rack in the 8th picture is freaking adorable.) I would have ran to it had I been there. Even pushed other woman out of my way. LOL

OoOo you spoiled Chic with all these gifts. It looks as though you got a small fist full of treasure with that jewelery.

Krista said...

Wish I could have shopped your stash! What fun and your space looking totally inviting! You most certainly were the cutest gal there. That freaking hat is amazing! I love the strong square shape with the softness of the feathers.

Devil made in Heaven said...

I love to sell stuff on carbootsale's. It is a little bit about making money and a lot of having fun with all the people. :)
You were selling a lot of nice dresses...

Dashfield Vintage said...

Congratulations on your first market!! Aren't they fun! I obviously get a a thrill out of selling these treasures on to new owners but even more than that it is so great to meet new people. I absolutely love your dress and shoes in your market shots by the way... beautiful!

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Awwwww you popped your cherry!!!!!!! Congratulations darl! It must have been a bit nerve-wracking getting your goodies out on display for the ladies to perve at and get excited over - I'm so glad you sold five frocks! It sounds like the die is cast and you're hooked for good - a chip off the old block eh? You look positively scrumptious and the boater is tipped at a jaunty little come-hither angle. You're bloody dynamite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Max said...

I'm still in love with those green shoes. I seriously need some colour in my life, I look like a black cloud amongst all the colour!
Was soooo lovely to meet you at last x

OP SHOP MAMA said...

That's a LOVELY frock that one at the end! And you don't look much like a 'shabby chick' at the fair! Phwoarr!

I would rather have liked to have perused your racks LOL

x

Terri said...

Congrats on a successful day at the market!

Tomye said...

Congrats on your sale! Be careful not to come home with more from the other vendors that you get rid of (something I would do). I have the same "Caberet" album. You will love it! -T

Vix said...

Wow! You did it! I wish I could have been there to help with some cheeky British banter. Your stall looks wonderful, I bet everyone was flocking to see what such a hot and fabulous chick was selling.
Love you!
Vix
xxxxxxxx

La Dama said...

Congrats!
Ay Mama! I am in love with this frock looking ever so busty amor.your cheeky hat goes perfectly to lure buyers with the gift of the gab.I would of loved to rummage through your treasures. well done you sexy lady.

Lily said...

Yay!!!!! I loooooove! But your link doesn't work to the pic of you wearing it. Hahaha I'm just being pain in the arse now. How exciting on your 5 sales. I don't know how you can part with gorgeous vintage frocks.

Charles Flaum said...

I LOVE the quirky boater! Lighting For Artwork