Pink Bits on display for a very good reason

It was a "wear pink for booboid cancer" day at work.
I was confident I could find a pinkalicious outfit to dazzle my co-workers with...
And dazzle them I did.
I'm always up for displaying my pink bits, all in the best possible taste, of course!
Hi Humpers!
Frock-Repetory Theatre sale
Jacket-70's, opshopped
Cardi-opshopped
Belt-garage sale
Fishnets-retail
Shoes-opshopped
Handbag-from the chutzpah laden Sarah (I just booked bargainacious tickets for G and I to go visit her at the beginning of February!!!)
Little hat-an Asian store up the road
Earrings-some chain store sale
Necklaces-the lucious Krista and Vix !
Pink flowery ring from a darling reader!

After work I had a few errands to do, and I popped into a favourite opshop where I found 2 frocks for a tenner!
This crimplene stunner is one of them:
Gratuitious booboid shot!
I know y'all love live for these.
And I found this quirky raffia bag at another opshop. The brown wooden bit is pretty blah; I think I'll paint that!
Then I was off to visit our friend Jo in Lyttleton, so of course I had to have a costume change, and what better than to wear my other new frock?!
It's an 80's dream, with such a splendid full skirt and fabulously sparkley fabric!
The fabric reminds me of a very ripped 40's frock I once had. (And wore to shreds, literally.)
Jo and I spent a very civilised couple of hours having tea and homemade cake whilst conversing in a polite, adult manner.
Considering the last time we spoke we were both plastered and slurring, (well, Jo was slurring) it's a fine achievement!
I wore my new frock with:
50's jacket-opshopped
60's lurex cardi-opshopped
Belt-opshopped
Tights-from my beloved Vix
Shoes-school fair
Hairbow-Asian shop in Riccarton
Plus 60's earrings, opshopped, which I've gone and bloody lost a butterfly off since getting home dammit, and 60's beads, also opshopped.
Why o why do I seem to have roots in perpetual need of doing?!
Give us a kiss!
No tongue, though, thanks.
Ugh.

I'm having a quiet night in on my own; G is out with his brothers, and when I spoke to him at about 4:30 pm, he was well pissed already......I'll see him tomorrow!
I am going to watch Desperately Seeking Susan now, and then hop into bed with the cats for an early night.....I am ridiculously excited about it!
What are you gorgeous bimbos up to?!

X

29 comments:

two squirrels said...

Kiss kiss Miss Helga you are just yummy in the two outfits!!! I just love the 80's wee dream!!!
Two Squirrels are on the couch with a knitted rug and watching Harry Potter! Boring!

delia hornbook said...

aawww Helga you look so lovely. I adore the pink frock it reminds me of a photo of my mum wearing something very simliar. Its so pretty and girly and floaty. What great finds both dresses are lush. Enjoy your evening in. dee xx

Misfits Vintage said...

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!! I am counting the HOURS until you arrive!

Now, where to start with all of this MAGNIFICENCE...

That pink frock is FRICKIN SPECTACULAR! LOOOVE it in the world! The new crimplene darling looks spectACular - can't wait to see her in entirety... LOOOVE your new fab fock and those tights and purple shoes are EXQUISITE!

YOU ARE PERFECTION, DARLING!

But do NOT bring that pink frock over the sea or you might lose it. Seriously. I mean it. I'm not joking.

Loveeverything, Sarah xxx

Vintage Coconut said...

~* Her name is Helga, She's a Pink Flamingo dream.
HELGA! Her lemonade tights will surely make you scream.
She can rock her floral frocks like no body else can.
Her red hair is so hot, someone grab me a facking fan!
If you don't know who Helga is, than your really missing out. She's the glamour babe of blogger without a doubt *~

sacramento said...

Never a better frase from such a wise woman, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
You ROCK
Love you!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

pastcaring said...

So much wonderousness, I don't know where to start...

Pink bits are fabulous, a candyfloss dream. Pink crimplene - yes, a booboid shot is ALWAYS a delight, but I need more, blue feathery sparkly dress should be mine, I think, tights from Vix are amazing, and yes, I AM going to give you a great big snog. Right now. Was it good for you??

Enjoy your quiet night in with Madonna. I'm off to London in the morning, hurrah!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Louise said...

You're totally rocking that pink, making the boys wink. I don't have any pink, so I don't know what I'll do on wear pink day here. Shopping trip!!! Lol. Those tights are fab. Xx

Kitty said...

darl I'll play with your pink bits any day if you keep looking this gorgeous!! Phwoar!! My night is as usual, quickly throwing a few bits on ebay then doing the blog.xx.

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Humpers is ridiculously handsome.

That blue dress is to-die!

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Humpers is ridiculously handsome.

That blue dress is to-die!

Lena said...

Miss Helga - amazing! I love love love that bag!x

LandGirl1980 said...

I have frock and tights envy. I can look no more. It is making me want to weep.

Nelly said...

This bimbo just devoured a cherry ripe and is still yelling at some kids to go to sleep.!! arghhhh

Psycho Sue- Sew Misunderstood said...

you always KNOCK me over with your outfits. i literally have to wipe up drool. This weekend i have two band practices! i am a busy beavering away on learning new songs!

Miss Magpie said...

Sometimes your frocks are just too fabulous and I have to hate you.

seƱora Allnut said...

love your costume changes!!, you're fabulous in your pink outfits (you've always got incredible dresses!), but I'm actually loving that turquoise-blue last frock, simply delightful and bright!!, yum!!
And I'm going to enjoy a film and make some sewing!, so funny, whou!
besos & fun

Frocktasia said...

Dearest Helga,
no one in the entire blogosphere wears pink as awesomely as you do...are you sure you are not related to Barbs Cartland?! I love your outfit change too, those tights from Vix are amazing!
Whenever there's talk about breast cancer I have a good old feel myself but my funbags are pretty lumpy anyway so I'm never sure...I wish I could get someone else to do it for me, preferably a trained professional!
Have a fabulous weekend my dear.
Lot's of love,
Jennie
xXx

RETRO REVA said...

You rock my little world my beauty!!!
xXx
Reva

Franca said...

you're looking fab in pink, my dear!

Vix said...

Such pink deliciousness, bugger the roots I didn't even notice them with BOTH those divine ensembles.
That crimplene stunner is such a find, I love it and the bag will look brilliant with that craptastic wooden handle painted in a neon shade.
Have the best weekend, you fabulous creature.
Love you!
Vix
xxxxxxxxxx

Krista said...

You know I am loving you in all this pink! Delicious like a yummy cupcake you are!!! I also can't wait to see more of this new pink dress it looks boobilicious! Costume change, beautiful and those tights have my eyes playing tricks on me. I'm giving you a super big wet sloppy kiss right back! I love you your BOOBS!!!!
Enjoy you night in. This weekend is kinda strange, we are laying Chris's G-ma to rest (she died of breast cancer) and I plan on wearing all pink and looking fabulous, she would have expected that from me.

XOXOX~
Krista

Tomye said...

A triple play! You are definately an over achiever, but you inspire me daily to be more. -T

Penny Dreadful said...

I want to give Humpers a squish. That pink get-up is utterly divine xx

VainGlorySinner said...

Oooooh the pink dress!!! I don't own many pink items of clothing but whenever I see THAT dress I wish I had one just like it! It's so pretty!!!!!

You look picture perfect in pink :D

May I have that Sarah handbag? It's so very cute!

Hi Humpers!

Ahhh the crazy psychedelic tights! I've not seen those out in a little while. Love them!

I have Desperately Seeking Susan on DVD. I haven't watched it in a while. I really.. REALLY.. want her skelebones case that she out of! It gives me the bone! xxx

pinktutu72 said...

Ok you know how I feel about pink. I'm IN LOVE with that dress holy baby jesus it's ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS. I'm going to come steal all your tights one of these days! You look gorgeous, I love the blue dress too and both bags are dreamy. Desperately Seeking Susan too!? One of my top ten movies.

La Dama said...

Helita,
You making me crave lots of cake and double thick frosting. You look like a pink ballerina. I am in love with your purple wonder tights.
yay, for boob shot and new daisy frock.
raffia bag while go with your new frocks.
40's dress is right up my alley. I am so jealous you whores get to meet up again. see what shit you guys get into.I love that movie, lol @ G calling drunk.
besotes

Miss Peregrin said...

Meow, you look great with your pink bits on display! I'm not usually a big lover of pink, but I love that outfit! You're so gorgeous.

Hannah said...

Wow I fricking love your pink bits the dress is gorgeous! Well last night me any my lovely watched 127 hours, love a bit of Franco, I mostly messed on eBay mind you. xx

Rae said...

I have to have your pink floral frock, I want it, I want it!!!! It looks so fab on you though, but I still want it!

Rather love the bluey one too, but the pink one stole my heart!

Big no tongues kiss at ya!! Mwah! xx