Throw your arms around me

Having a long weekend last weekend got me all mucked up this week!
On Tuesday I thought it was Monday, on Wednesday I thought it was Thursday....and next thing I know it's Friday and I'm freakin' out over what frock to wear!
We decided we needed a little lunch date.
We've been missing our favourite Thai restaurant; they still haven't opened since the qukae, and I'm not sure if the owners are even in the country.
So we looked up some Thai restaurants on an NZ restaurant guide site, and after dismissing two we had intended to try due to terrible reviews, took ourselves off to Benjarong, on Riccarton Rd.
It had glowing reviews-and they certainly deserve them!
Our meals were scrumptious!
We rolled out of there feeling rather deliciously full of food and wine, and trundled our way home through the park.....and then took a little detour into the Botanic Gardens!
There were oldies for miles, must have been a retirement home day out!
I basked in their admiration.
Frock-opshopped,10cents!
Coat-60's from our local St Vinnies de Paul opshop, $10
Scarf-60's, I think, opshopped for probably $1
White beads-60's, opshopped, 50 cents
Tights-70's, opshopped, I think 50 cents
Handbag-60's beauty case, Shabby Chic Market, $5
Sunglasses-opshopped, $3, I think. Or were they $5?!
Not anywhere near Vix 's amazing 5 pound outfit-which is pretty common for her! But pretty good. I expect 5 pound is about $10-12NZ, so I am pretty sure I can manage that, I just wasn't thinking of it when I got dressed this morning!
O, and I made my hairbow out of an opshopped crimplene scrap and an opshopped hairclip.
Quacks!
Showing them what I got!
Quacklet!
Right, going to have a quiet night in tonight, I think we might watch a movie.
Tomorrow we are going out to a birthday party in Teddington, where Jo will be conducting her annual champagne tasting, and there will be music and frivolity!
WTF am I gonna wear?!

O, Lena doll, my guacamole is as basic as it comes!
Just avocado, tomato, red onion, coriander (cilantro to Americans), salt and lemon juice.x

Here's my favourite song by Hunters and Collectors, a good old Aussie pub band from way back.



X

26 comments:

Camelia Crinoline said...

That dress is fab, as is the coat. I love the bows. The Botanic Gardens is always filled with oldies. It must be the tearooms that attracts them.

delia hornbook said...

Lovely photo's today such gorgeous natural shots. The gardens look like a lovely place to relax in no wonder there was loads of oldies in there bless. You look lovely as always. Have a lovely weekend, dee xx

Miss Claire said...

You look glorious, basking in the sun for the oldies! And the duckies! Giving them a good flash. How sweet of you to go on a lunch date :) Xoxox

Hot Pink Combat Boots said...

I am still lauging over the 'oldies for miles' comment. So funny, omg.

Helga - I am loving the blue/red combo. I would have never thougt to do that and it looks striking. I usually feel overly patriotic with the combo- but that's because white it typically included. I will ditch the white and just stick with red/blue. Thank you for the inspiration!

Larb gai is delicious btw, good choice.

Louise said...

What a beautiful frock. I love red, white and blue, not in a 'I'm so patriotic' kind of way, I just think it's a great colour combo and it looks great on you, you lovely strumpet. Your blog makes me want to find a Thai restaurant! Xx

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

*SCREAMS* DUCKLINGS!!!

Love the scarf styling. I am a bit "special needs" when it comes to scarves.

Stacey Kay said...

Yummy! I love Thai food. This outfit is so exuberant - LOVE those red shoes.

Goodwill Huntingg: ONE DAY LEFT! Enter my Shabby Apple dress giveaway!

Nelly said...

Hot Helga strikes again have a wonderful time and remember to wtach out for Vintage Fair pics from me 2morrow.Yes big hugs from you to Kitty doll and Desiree and whoever else knows you xx

dinoprincesschar said...

ahh that dress is amazing,
and i also from now on wish to only eat my meals from a fish shaped plate. :)

Straight Talking Mama! said...

What a fabulous way to spend a Friday afternoon, wine, food and lazing around in the park before going to a party, you sure know how to live!

pastcaring said...

You look most fetching in blue and red, always love that combination on you, especially when accompanied by a F-O Minnie Mouse bow. Look at your gorgeous legs, you hottie! It's no surprise the old fellas buzz round you like bees round a honey pot!!
The meal looks fab, and I like the fact that G has poured your glass of wine first (what a gent!)
The video has made me wonder if G has any Aussie rules tight shorts... That's not an appropriate thought to be having about your beloved, is it? I can only apologise...
Have a great weekend, gorgeous! xxxxxx

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Did I say party when I meant quiet night in? ha ha ha, I'm so dumb must be the alcohol I will be consuming getting to me already ;o)

Dial V for Vintage said...

Lovely pictures, seeing that Thai menu makes me hungry. And bows, I love bows! :)

Sissy said...

Darling outfit, love the coat and purse...

Krista said...

I love your round about shots I love seeing the area you call Home. You look as delicious as that meal my GOD WOMAN!!!!!! I can only image the walk through the garden, nice buzz going, full belly, blissful food and wine coma setting in, perfect time to lay in the grass by the pond and flash all the ducks, of course. I love your carefree ways and I would happily roll around with you and give those ducks something to quack about.

Vix said...

Look at you cavorting by the stream! I'm with Krista, I want to roll about with you and give the oldsters and ducks something to look at.
Love ya in red, white and blue and those shoes are so damned sexy.
Looks like a brilliant way to spend a day. Have the best weekend, I'm off to a jumble then tarting it with my ho's.
Love you!
vix
xxx

Dashfield Vintage said...

Yum! We had Thai for dinner last night too. So I'm just curious, do you plan all your outfits at the beginning of the week? That actually doesn't strike me as a half bad idea! I always lie in bed every morning and try to put an imaginary outfit together before getting up... sometimes that leads me to running quite late!

D♥R said...

Oh babz ! You're perfection ! Your sunnies,everything #Love

seƱora Allnut said...

Delightful Helga, you're so gorgeous, enjoying some wine and food on such a sunny day!, and showing your charms with great attitude!!
Love your dress, your coat, but specially that fabulous shoes and bag!
besos & fun

D♥R said...

Do you know Amanda Lepore ? She so fab !

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lu5Q6zTICXk#!

Vintage Coconut said...

Did you run off with that fish on the plate and throw him into the duck pond to rescue him?? *lol*

Don't show the duckies your EVERYTHING.. Leave a bit to their imagination. hehehe

Lookin fantastic have a awsome weekend!

Style Sud-Est said...

you got some legs lady! oh la la!
Love that fuck off bow,you suppose to make me one! the coat is so gorgeous-
Lots of excellent Thai restaurant here, but sorry girl i would not be able eat that fish, i just can't, would not sleep for weeks! I would see heads' fish everywhere.

Yup,this frigging tendinitis is good for something - i get to stay home for a month and i am so so creative with outfits, it helps to have more time to think about fabulous outfits! Love you girl, take care and have a good weekend!

Arianexxxx

pinktutu72 said...

You've got killer legs! Love those shoes the bag looks like it was made to match them.
Karlene

Misfits Vintage said...

Ooh look at your spectacular outfit - perfect for a date with your one true love - and romping with the ducks in the sunshine! Your lunch looks delightful - I am quite taken by the fish plate - and I am an old H&C fan too - I saw them at a pub in Adelaide once for $4!

LovePubRock, Sarah xxx

La Dama said...

I always love you rolling around in the grass basking in the sun .
Fantastic frock colors, eyeing your blue dress bow.
showing the ducks what you got, hahaayyy
Your restaurants always look so good.
Luv ya

Cazz said...

Picture of you showing your bits to birds, classic.