The power of pussy

Say hello to our bed of the last few weeks!
Yes indeedy, we've been sleeping in our backyard, and it has been ever so comfy and snuggly!
But tonight we sleep in the house!
We've moved the mattress into the band room.
We had been told that we would get the final inspection today, and we foolishly thought that meant that all the building work was to be finished!
We thought wrong!
And in fact, had been misled!
We found out last night that it's all to be finished next week....but we got the pookies home anyway!
I just couldn't bear to be without them any longer!
So, there is still the painting in what will be my sewing/dressing room to be done (it will be pink and silver), and a few other bits and pieces.
We have new carpet coming into half the house on Tuesday, and we have a builder set up to take out the wall in between the dining room and my old sewing/dressing room when we are in Australia in February, and then we'll get the rest of the new carpet in!!
Not to mention a new mattress for our bed next Friday!
Wa-hey!
It's all on!
Anyway, I do hope you are dazzled by my lovely Friday Frock!
It's from Dashfield Vintage and is ever so ladylike, just like ME!
Worn with:
Cardi-opshopped
Belt-from my beloved Vix
Tights-retail
Shoes-retail
Scarf in hair-60's, opshopped
Blue beads-opshopped
Necklace-Shabby Chic Market last week
Long pendant-London, 1989
Earrings-gift from my lovely friend Nicole! They're from Uzbekistan, or one of those stans anyway; Nicole's Dad travels in that region a lot.
My darling pookies are happy to be home, and have been pooking around all over the place.
It was difficult to get them to stay still long enough for a pic or two!
Oooo, snuggling up tonight will be splendidly purry!
They did really well at the naughty pookie prison.
I've got them booked in for the week we're with Sarah , as they did so well!
My babies!
We're having a quiet night in with the pookies, but tomorrow night we're going around to Justine's for a few drinkies, and I do hope it gets a bit raucous!
She's in the throes of packing up to move to Wellington, so a night of debauchery could be just the ticket for all of us!
Oooo, happy thoughts of what to wear!
Have a splendid Friday, those of you just starting it!
And those of you coming to the end of it, I hope it was a jolly super one!
X

26 comments:

Trees said...

Your outside bedroom is pretty awesome, but glad you can move indoors and also that you get the pookies back!

That frock is simply devine and looks perfect with the belt from Vix.

Happy Friday:)

Misfits Vintage said...

Oooh look at you all ladylike and beautiful! I do love that frock a dn the necklaces and kombi looks super cosy (give us a better look at the kombi curtains, darling?). SO glad your little kitties are home - I know you've missed them dreadfully.

And I can't believe you beat me to Nelly's cowboy fabric! But there's a soul in the world I'd rather be beaten by than you, mi amor.

Love you more than vintage fabric! Sarah xxx

Vintage Sweetheart said...

You looks so girly in blue I love it! Your outside bed looks pretty cosy, I bet it will be relief when the rens are complete.

Pookies look like they never left so cute!!

xx

pinktutu72 said...

Yay return of the pookies!! I love the mobile shagginwagon! It's beautiful and I cant wait to see the new pink and silver room!!
Karlene

Louise said...

I bet your pookies are glad to be home. At least the workmen are only in another week, then you'll have a pink and silver sewing room. That sounds great! Have a fab weekend. Xx

sacramento said...

Gorgeous place to sleep, ahhhhhhhhhhhh
All frilly
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Perdita said...

Aw, happy to be home!

I wish I had a cute van like that. Mind you, most of the time it's too cold round here to sleep in one!

khristie B said...

I really didn't know what to expect with the title of this blog entry....
You do look very lady like all in blue but I would love to be with you when you get a bit raucous.

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Oh it's such a joy, that feeling of anticipation before a jolly good night out and what to wear. My you guys have been through the ringer - thank god for the camper - it must be like an extra holiday for the pussies!! Pink and silver - eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!!!!! Feck I will need a photo-fix of your new un-dressing room - ooh eer!!! Bloody gorgeous in blue as always - can I squeeze you just a little bit? xoxoxoxo

Ronnie (RR) said...

So pleased your cats are home, you'll all soon be settled back in, loving the camper btw x

pastcaring said...

So ladylike! You look beautiful, love you in blue.
Ahh, those kitty-pussies look happy to be home, as they mooch about getting reacquainted with it all. How happy are you and G to have them back?!
Have a fab time at Justine's tomorrow, make sure you take pics. Wear something OUTRAGEOUSLY wonderful please!
Loveandpussypower xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

the Citizen Rosebud said...

I am dazzled by your lovely face.
You look stunning in the sun. And hello meow-meows! Welcome home!

Vix said...

All together now, in a Mark Morrison 1990's style..."Return of the cat...oh my god...return of the cat..."
So glad the kitties are home with their mummy and daddy. They look so chilled they were obviously pampered to the max.
That frock is fab and the 'stan jewellery is freaking fabulous.
have a joyously raucous weekend, I intend to.
Love you!
vVix
xxxxxxxxxx

lasophia said...

I would most def slumber in the van with you. I've been thinking I need to get a van of my own for my craft fairs. You know, take my show on the road. Love that you used the word "pussy." My fave word of the moment, in fact, I keep collecting shirts with pussy bows just so I can scream it in public.

Sue, Joe and Michael Webber said...

That's one funky shaggin' waggin! :D

The Brunette said...

awww super cute kitties

Love your dress and belt xx

Miss Claire said...

Yay pookies! I'm so glad their home, it feels awful to leave your babies in someone elses hands, away from home! You look fit for the queen today, sweet cheeks, although I giggle at the thought of what you might say to her if you were to meet her :) xoxoxox

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Can't get enough of them cats. Loving the shades of blue.

two squirrels said...

Oh oh I saw that gorgeous dress on the fabulous Dashfield site!!! Yummy! I love it on you.
Fur babies!!!!!! Have missed there cameo's in your pics!
Big fur hugs.
Loved the OMG!!!! Surprises to come from the secret squirrels........

La Dama said...

Helgita,
I love you in your lady like vestido!
loving your combi van decorations. well atleast your moving in your casita. pink and silver sounds dreamy.
aww poor kittys are roaming around happily in the garden.
Besotes

owlinalarkworld said...

Sleeping in a van sounds adventurous and wonderful.
Harrah for getting cats back!

Luna Tiger said...

nice bed ! I hope you'll show us your new dressing, I want to see it !!!
http://selenite.weebly.com

Mary Lou said...

oooh your pretty little darlings are just too adorable and cute and so superphotogenic, you should do with them ads for cat food;)
and madame en blue you look so radiant and fabulous here, it seems blue is made for you! supercute belt!
hexenpunsch means witch punch and it is kind of any harld liquor, rum and a little bit of tea together served very hot, and then the world is a little bit more beautiful haha
love and kiss,mary

Hannah said...

that looks like one cosy den! glad your house is nearly finished though, love those tights x

Franca said...

Ooh that van is awesome, but I bet it'll be a relief to be inside again. your cat babies are so cute. All cats are so cute! aaaahh, cats... I very much like your dress too!

Dashfield Vintage said...

Oh I LOVE this dress on you! You look like quite the lady. And your temporary bedroom is just amazing, honestly I can't begin to tell you how envious I am!