A daring old girl on a flying trapeze

I got a new frock yesterday.
Sometimes, no matter how many frocks a gal has, there is a burning desire, nay, need, to have something new and fabulous for the wardrobe!
So we popped by Retropolitan on the way home from work yesterday.
Not only did I find a little treatie for Sarah (28 sleeps!), I also found this splendid grapey coloured 60's frock!

Guffaws of joy!

And wouldn't you know it, I had tights in my drawer that matched!
Unbelieveable!

Note fabulous shoes from Desiree !
I feel like a tiny dancer in them!

Ah yes, Humpers, this is the perfect time to give me a sniff of your arse!
Our friends from Brizzo, Mike and Claire came over yesterday afternoon to spend some time.....
We drank rather a lot of bubbly, tequila, vodka and gin, and watched their daughter play dress ups with my frocks.....
We had a splendid, simple dinner consisting of the biggest salmon steaks I've ever seen in my life and my orzo/feta/hazelnut salad.....
We drank more and chatted into the night....
It was lovely!

Mike and Claire have a fabulous business, Mixdmediumz, where Mikes amazing jewellery is showcased...a very talented pair, Claire also make the most delicious headpieces, and I was lucky enough to have her present me with 4(4!) as an early birthday pressie!
I'm wearing one above; it just happened to go perfectly with my frock!


video
I was trying to do my best Kenny Everett impersonation here, but I think Mike was too drunk to capture my brillance, so what we have here is a slightly amusing drunken nothingness!

You may have seen that the sexacious Desiree dazzled us in 2 frocks on Frock Friday....it just so happens that I too have a frock I was wearing earlier!

This is what I wore to work in the morning!
Fridays are perfect for costume changes, and as I was having guests, I especially had to have a change!

O, and a little light refreshment to perk me up before their arrival!

We downed a bottle of bubby this morning over brunch, and our guests have just toddled off....

Oooo, I nearly forgot!
The darling Amy at Wildfell Hall flattered the hell out of me by interviewing me here!!!
Do have a nosy!
Amy is a gorgeous little Kiwi lass making it in the Big Apple!
I am rather enamoured of her, and her Etsy shop has all manner of tempting delights!
I have a wonderful cocktail headpiece I treated myself to from there that I haven't stunned you with yet!
EEK!
X

26 comments:

Terri said...

You DO know how to entertain guests! I can't believe the match on the dress and the tights and managing to photograph the purple...my photos of that color never quite come out right. The second outfit is just so crisp looking.

Trees said...

I love love love BOTH outfits lovely Helga - also love you have tights to match your purple frock *die*

I also read your interview - yah! Go you!

one denim bird said...

Gawd all mighty! You sure rock and suit that grape colour! And the tights, what a perfect match!

Loved reading that great interview! You are so adorably lovable!!!

Happiness to you and yours!

Dee x

VintageBirdGirl said...

How perfect are those tights with that dress??? I too look among my large stash of frock & still pine for another one. Just one more I think...but it's never enough!

two squirrels said...

Eeeeeek that dress is amazing, could the tights be a better match!!!!!!!!
You guys are the best when it comes to good fun!!!!!
You always make me smile, TA!!!!!!!
Hugs from the squirrel. Love V
PS: love humpers the butt fluff.

Shewearscrazywell said...

Ha ha! I love the outfit change. I always adore seeing you on film,hee hee! You look so nice in purple, seriously..it rocks! It was a bit warmer here today...so I actually sported a dress too! It seems like winter drives me to wearing my pants and tees a bit much. :( You've inspired me to try a little harder to keep with the cuteness! Love you! Hearts, Janna lynn

Vintage Sweetheart said...

Wow your grapetastic! Those tights match perfectly. I do love the blue dress too. Is that a hint of a slip I see?? Gorgeous!
xx

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

A) That grape colour is a killer, espesh with the silver shoes and brooch.

B) The floral frock with those tights is so cute it makes my heart hurt.

C) Does Humphers arse REALLY smell of roses? (I have heard it does).

x

Franca said...

that dress and the tights match perfectly, and i really want to bounce about on a ball now!

Vix said...

That colour is absolutely stunning on you, I want to come over and ravish you on the Swiss ball.
Looks like a fabbo time with the Brizzo crew, I'm off to read your interview, you absolute celeb.
Love ya
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

delia hornbook said...

aahhh you look gorgeous in both outfits but my favourite is the purple dress,tights and silver shoes and your brooch its blinking lovely and you look amazing. Purple is a smashing colour on you. I would be bouncing on that ball thats for sure ;-)) Have a fab weekend, dee xx

LandGirl1980 said...

Love it! You look like a sexy Ribena berry!

Dashfield Vintage said...

Whoa great purple outfit! I must say your friends daughter is incredibly lucky to be playing dress ups in all your clothes! When I was young (actually and now still) that would have been my idea of heaven!

Louise said...

I don't think I can cope with all these 2 dress posts, there's just too much fabulousness going on, I need a lie down. Purple's one of my favourite colours to boot. I love the second dress too though. Xx

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Ooh I like the purple one - Violet Beauregarde grown up!

Misfits Vintage said...

Ooh that purple frock is FABULOUS (and of COURSE you had the perfect matching pair of tights in your stash!) and I just adore the purple with the silver Tony Danza shoes and that GORGEOUS headpiece.

And the second frock is FRICKIN ADORABLE, darling! You know I love blue and I love a floral and I love YOU and I love a fuck-off bow, so this is really my DREAM outfit!

How many sleeps??? Love! Sarah xxx

pastcaring said...

Perfect matchy-match! I adore that frock - I'm glad you named the colour, I wouldn't have known what to call it, but grape seems very appropriate! Now I always think I can't do high necklines, and imagine it's a big booboid thing, but there you and the girls are looking magnifique - in a high-ish neck. So wtf do I know? Rules are for fools, right?!
Second frock - gorgeous colours, gorgeous print, F-O bow and a little drinky. It doesn't get any better than that!
PS. Headpiece=stunning. G's facial hair=SEXY! Hahaha! (Don't tell him I said so, I'll get embarrassed....) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comtesse de ferveur said...

Happy New Year Fabulous Helga!!! You look amazing - I thought my favourite colour on you was blue but it might be grape now! Gorgeous! xxx

Miss Simmonds Says said...

blimey, I love those dresses and the headpieces too. I need more excuses to dress up!

Mary Lou said...

oh that´s purple love!!! this dress is so freakin awesome, gorgous collar detail and brooch and i love the huge flower in your hair!!!
and i absolutely agree no matter how many frocks a gal has there is always this burning desire for a new fabulous one;)
kiss,mary

Scarlett said...

Always a reason the have a frock change when you have as many fabulous frocks as you do - it would be rude not to. I love them both and I also blooming love you posing on the ball :o) Scarlett x

Vintage Coconut said...

*Eaaak* The GRAPEY-NESS OF THAT FROCK is delicious. ABSOLUTELY delicious. It look stunning with those tights and shoes.

I LOL'ED at the butt sniffing photo. Looks like your drawing in a nice big wiff!

The Second dress is quite magnificent especially with those fishnets.

Rose&Bird said...

Fabulous purple combination, my love! Why DO cats always show you their bums?!

La Dama said...

Helgita,
Purple frock is such a vision, how amazing are those tap dancing shoes, would love to see you tap dance.
I seen some at the charity but sadly they werent my size.
I love you sexyly rolling your ass on that exercise ball while smelling kitty.
Adorar g hombrs cool expression.
Your vid made me giggle, love your accent amor.
Luv ya biatch

vintage_kitten said...

I love that purple on you.it is so pretty with your hair.Your kitty cat pic was funny and I went into tears giggling at your caption.Don't you love when your pets just have to jump into your photo?lol.Your video is so cute.and you have the cutest accent.And that dress with the blue flowers is adorable.xx

Miss Peregrin said...

Both outfits are absolutely fabulous. I love the matching grapey frock & tights especially!