Where are the smelling salts when you need them?!

Yesterday we came home to find that not only had the plumber come to secure our hot water tank so it doesn't keep scooting around during earthquakes, but there had been the delivery of not one, but two parcels of exquisite delight!!!
OMG OMG OMG!!!
The top parcel was from the sexacious Desiree and included some fabulous earrings from The Stylist, as well as 2,(count 'em!) divine 60's hats amongst other swoony delights!
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!
And....
The other parcel was from my new friend Sue !!!
And it appears that the splendidly amusing other Sue had a hand in it!
All manner of delicious goodies were lurking in that parcel, see?!
All together now:
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

Honestly.
I was surprisingly speechless when I opened the parcels, and probably looked like some gormless fool, with my gob hanging open....

I felt decidedly faint and needed a drink....but I'd run out of vodka!!!
O no!
But all was not lost, for I had had the foresight to buy 2 bottles when I was last at the bottle store, and so had one "that I had prepared earlier".
Thank goodness for that!


Ha, yes, I am wearing the same frock I wore when I did my Helga hair video....it's a fave that darling Kitty sent me a while back!
It is unusual for me to wear the same frock twice in one week, but it does happen occasionally!
No, actually, it happens hardly ever.
WTF was wrong with me that I wore the same frock twice in one week is beyond me.
Ahem.
By the time you read this, I'll be out the door in my fabulously transformed green frock to see The Dresden Dolls !
Hurrah!
X

19 comments:

two squirrels said...

Yay yay fabulous treasure for you!!!!
Loving the treasure you gave me, thank you. Presents make your heart sing.
Hope the night is a blast.
Love V

dinoprincesschar said...

oh yay for brilliant parcels, i had such a good mail day as well yesterday, came home to three parcels, letters from two of my penpals, and a pretty lookbook of a lovely website i recently found.

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

The Stylist has just watched all of your videos and is literally SQUIRMING with delight at your birthday present opening vid - "she makes the same noise as me!" she said at your wonderful squeals of delight:)))). We love you Helga and want to adopt you as our sister!!!!!! She wants to tell you that #3 son has a Kindle and is totally hooked. How exciting getting two parcels in one day!!! I am having palpitations at the thought of you at the Dolls in your new green lace frock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxo

Miss Simmonds Says said...

I'm highly jealous. Looks like I'll have to initiate some parcel sending and recieving

Perdita said...

OOh. I wish I got post like THAT, rather than bills and junk!

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

My letterbox was full of bills when I got home. :(

Louise said...

Oooh, those hats are delicious. I can't wait to see you rocking that white one. xx

seƱora Allnut said...

lovely hats, lovely colorful stuff and lovely vodka bottle: I'm a huge fan of everything!
Wish you enjoy all that pretty things!
besos & fun

sacramento said...

Soooooooooooo bafulous to get treasures of LOVE in the post, Helguita, as Dora would say.
Enjoy!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Krista said...

Two parcels of delight for sure. EXQUISITE!!!! I am loving all the color in both, they do you our sweet Helga! I hope you and the vodka and the beautiful green frock are friggin rocking out right about now.
Can't wait to hear all about it!
Love you~
Krista

pastcaring said...

Hope you have a fabulous night, my dear! Such great parcels of joy, can't wait to see all the assorted gorgeousness in action.
Hurrah for that extra bottle of vodka! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

vintage_kitten said...

oooh look at those pretty goodies you got.Love the voddy video.your so cute.xx

Heather Jean said...

awesome loot! im jealous :P

Ivy Black said...

Fab goodies, m'dear and I love your voddy vid. Your such a supercutie.xxxxx

Vintage Coconut said...

OOOO Those look like some magnificent packages!
How GLORIOUS!!

*You were spoiled up the ying yang with gifts*

lol @ the vid. (TAA DAAAAA)

heidisadventures said...

i will definitely take up the habit of preparing bottles of wodka, martini and other spirits a girl might need every now and then. thank you so much for this fabulous idea!
i'm so curious to see you in your transformed green dress. to be honest, i was a bit disappointed that you only posted pictures of it on a hanger earlier. i love what you did to it!

heidi
xxxxxxxxxx

Sue said...

Hope you enjoyed your night out!!! Another parcel is on its way, sent it yesterday!! Enjoy!!!

La Dama said...

Your such a loved biatch!
So eyeing all the hats and jewelry.
Your vodky vid is the cutest, who cares if you where the same frock.stiil adorar you.
Cant wait to see you in kermit lacey mini frock.
Hope ypur getting super plastered!
Luv ya

Sue, Joe and Michael Webber said...

Pressies are always such fun. I had a hand in the new parcel coming your way, can't take credit really for the first one! That was all Sue :D But we're always on the lookout :D