Alsatians fall unconscious at the shadow of your call


Jo and I had a girls night earlier in the week!
Our plan-to have dinner at Harlequin House, a fairly flash restaurant in town, and then spinning our favourite old 80's records and blithering into the night back at her house in Lyttleton.



Frock-a 50's Horrockses, from The Vintage Cupboard
Jacket-from my sistercousinwife Sarah (substantially altered by moi)
Belt-a garage sale
Petticoat-Ecetera Vintage
Tights-retail
Shoes-a stripper shop in Las Vegas
Sunglasses-Catch a Thief
Necklace-gift from G many years ago
Earrings-from the sexacious Desiree
Handbag-60's Rex, via a friend of a friend
Darling yellow case-60's, Retrofunk, sadly defunct, in Oamaru
Sunglasses case (in hand)-60's, gifted

Source
Isn't this a lovely building?!
It is a 150 year old villa (this is really old for us!) that has been restored and renovated beautifully....
That Victorian clocktower in the background is still stuck at 12:51 pm, the time of the February 2011 earthquake. It is currently under repair.


I'm feeling a bit naked without a hair ornament!
This mimosa took my mind off the matter, thankfully.


Love these old sash windows.


And the detailing on this seat!


My starter of orecchiette with duck ragu and broad beans.


A lovely Australian pinot noir was just the ticket to follow.



Groper, caramelised witloof & pickled courgette for my main, with a side of Soft carrots, sumac & yoghurt ....mmmmmmm


And then back to Jo's....



This is Harvey, Jo's fiance's cat, who has been successfully transplanted from Perth!
He's quite the schmoocher.


Bubbles!




More wine?!
Sure thing.





I'm not sure when we staggered off to bed, but I am proud to say that it was after midnight!
Whoot!
That's late, late, late for me!
I need the practice for New Year......

Happy Holidays, lovelies!

X

27 comments:

bashashhazbaz said...

great post! you ladies both looked lovely! :)

Amber of Butane Anvil said...

Aww, you're both so gorgeous! What a fabulously fun time in fantastic gear and settings. Love your frock!!! xoxo

Sue said...

I do love the villa you dined in with Jo, and what a feast! I can stay up late I just can't handle the drinking, a real soft cock me when it comes to drinking. But I still have fun!!

ayoung70 said...

Love, love, love the polka dot frock. You are both lovely here, and making me wish I had a working turntable to listen to my 80's vinyl.

Sandra said...

achieving sleep after midnight, after fabulous fun! you two gorgeous ladies have done well, honestly I just can't do it these days! - the restaurant looks just gorgeous, and the food too, I really like the look of the carrot dish! x x x x

pastcaring said...

Now that looks like a very good evening! Delicious dinner in a gorgeous restaurant, with lovely company, then back to Jo's for some great tunes!
You and Jo both look very elegant, I hope you behaved yourselves in that restaurant, or was there just a wee bit of cackling and squeeing? Might have to go and listen to some early Human League now.
Loooovvve yoooou! Xxxxxxx

Krista Gassib said...

Partay! Hay hay! Where do I start how bout you two gorgeous gals, I do love seeing girls all dressed up just to play, you two look beautiful! The restaurant is friggin gorgeous can I have all those window in my house please? The food looks sublime I want to try it all! Wine wine and more wine well you are hanging with Jo:). I love her pad and music room wow what fun I can't imagine all the nostalgia in that room. Girlfriend time is a must! Glad you two got yours on!
Love you honey!xxxxxxoooooo

Forest City Fashionista said...

What a fab girls' night - the restaurant is very posh and what yummy food! I had the Simple Minds LP back then, you've just inspired a musical flashback. That's my idea of an excellent evening - hanging out with your bestie (and a beastie!) with some bubbly and tunes.

thorne garnet said...

Wonder if I can find that Siouxie bio here? I'll have to check it out. Looks like a lovely restaurant. You look quit the lady.

Angels have Red Hair said...

Good food, good wine and eighties music ... what more could you possibly want?
xx

PinkCheetahVintage said...

That's a good night!

Sheila said...

I love visiting your personal parties in your posts! You look like you have such a fun time. Happy holidays and a very exciting boozy new year!

Brooke F said...

All that vinyl is taking me back. Looks like a wonderful ladies day/night was had and woohoo on seeing midnight! XXX

Vix said...

And to think you dithered about buying that Horrockses dress! You look flippin' gorgeous in it.
I can see loads of duplicates to our collection there, nothing beats playing vinyl, does it? The covers always take me right back.
Well done to staying awake past the witching hour. Hope I can do as well later might need a nana nap!
Love you! xxxxxx

Trees said...

What a record collection! I am so jealous of your wee girls night out - I really need one. Also adorable frock :D

Hannah Spanner said...

You look beautiful in your 50s number and that food oh my and the villa/pub is so beautiful! xxx

bonsaimum said...

Happy New Year to you and G. That villa is gorgeous.

In the Ruins of Berlin said...

that white-dark orange-combination is made for you! happy new year for both of you! xxx

Vintage Bird Girl said...

Golly Gosh I love you in polkadots! Your cropped jacket adds just the right touch to that gorgeous frock. You and Jo are so stylish, I'll bet fun was had at the girly sleep over! Xx

seƱora Allnut said...

glad you've enjoyed a fabulous night, that's a great plan!, happy holidays, dear lady!
and you look gorgeous wearing that subtle polka dotted dress, love it!
besos & felices fiestas

Renia said...

You both look so beautfiul! Great pics! Kisses x x x x x

Tamera Wolfe said...

You look fabulous and quite posh!1 The food looks scrumptious!!!

Excellent taste in 80's music. The new stuff today is hooridd!!

Teresa said...

I am just dotty about your frock!

I hope you enjoyed a wonderful Xmas and have a fabulous new year.

xo

Catherine said...

what a fab evening! i got a bottle of Verve from work for Christmas but I'm waiting for a good time to open it! that food looks so yummy too!

one denim bird said...

Posh dining darlings but I love the after party the most! After midnight - go you - hardcore x

Hollie "Jet" Black-Ramsey said...

my goodness I haven't heard of most of the things on your plate besides duck and carrots! I need to get out more?

Misfits Vintage said...

Ooh what a fab night! You look ever so posh in your GORGEOUS Horrockses (is that the one you returned to?) and I have come to work today with NO FLOWERS on - only wish I had a mimosa to distract me!

Love the music choices - love smoochy Harvey and LOVE YOU.

SS xxxxx